=xXx=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=xXx=

=xXx= is dedicated to the enjoyment and excitement of virtual war gaming.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Funneling with the chopper

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MrPerfect
Private

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Funneling with the chopper Empty
PostSubject: Funneling with the chopper   Funneling with the chopper Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 8:46 pm

I have watched countles video on funneling with the keyboard and mouse, but is there anyone here that has mastered funneling with a joystick? I really need help with that.
Back to top Go down
RayMan
Private
RayMan

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Funneling with the chopper   Funneling with the chopper Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 9:20 pm

Whats Funneling?
Back to top Go down
MrPerfect
Private

PostSubject: Re: Funneling with the chopper   Funneling with the chopper Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 9:28 pm

Funneling is when you circle around the object, like a flag.

Nose down, wide circle around the flag giving the gunner a good view at the target at all times, while making it more difficult for planes and other choppers to get you. It eliminates the stationary hover. The further your nose is down, the tighter circle you can make.
Back to top Go down
Bass505
Sergeant
Bass505

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Funneling with the chopper   Funneling with the chopper Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 10:54 pm

you say you have the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, correct?

if so or even if not, as long as your joystick has the "twist" feature, your in shape.
it's really simple, lets say you want to slide left and go in a circle in that dirrection, just twist the joystick RIGHT, and push the stick down a little ways and to the LEFT.
and do the opposit to slide in a circle to the right.

Next time im in the game, i'll hop in the chopper with you and talk you through it Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mb-photography/
MrPerfect
Private

PostSubject: Re: Funneling with the chopper   Funneling with the chopper Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 2:50 am

Thanks. I do have the extreme, I've been practicing the past two nights in an empty server trying to get it down, I cna get it, but its pretty sloppy, so I'm still wrokng on it, and evasive manuevers.
Back to top Go down
Bass505
Sergeant
Bass505

PostSubject: Re: Funneling with the chopper   Funneling with the chopper Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 2:54 am

I admire your honesty of bein a noob and practicing in an empty server lol!

i know i get EXTREMLY pissed off when people get in jets/choppers when they dont know how to fly/gun (unless they tell me, then i know what to expect, and what I need to do to make things happen Laughing)
Back to top Go down
RayMan
Private
RayMan

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Funneling with the chopper   Funneling with the chopper Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 4:11 am

I Cant Funnel I Dont Bother If I Tryed I Would Crash... Crash And Burn Indefinatly
lol!
Back to top Go down
spidey__killer
Sergeant
spidey__killer

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Funneling with the chopper   Funneling with the chopper Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 11:23 am

I love flying the chopper, I dont have a joystick, I can "funnel" too, but my controls always seem a little slow at times, I tried playing with the adjustments but I cant figure them out, I have everything turned all the way up right now, is there any perfect setting? if so what are the numbers? I want to get a joystick but have been unable to understand how to get the stick into the game, I really need to do so for the jet, I get a stick for the jets, look out. bounce
Back to top Go down
Bass505
Sergeant
Bass505

PostSubject: Re: Funneling with the chopper   Funneling with the chopper Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 12:59 pm

you really dont have to do anything to get the stick onto the game...just download the software it comes with to instal it, and it's already there...just go into the "Controls" in BF2, click on the things you want on the joystick, and click the botton that you want that feature on.

for example:
If you want "primary weapon" on button number one on the joystick, just click "Primary Weapon" in BF2 Controls menu and click the trigger. just remember, you have to change the controls on all the tabs you want it to work in (helicopter, boat, vehicle ect...)
Back to top Go down
spidey__killer
Sergeant
spidey__killer

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Funneling with the chopper   Funneling with the chopper Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 3:36 pm

oh, i thought i heard that you had to somehow program the stick into the game cause the game wouldn't readily accept it, that' good to know, I'll get a stick next weekend then and try it out, that logitek one is the best for it right?
Back to top Go down
MrPerfect
Private

PostSubject: Re: Funneling with the chopper   Funneling with the chopper Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 10:36 pm

I dont know about logitech being the best, or what not, but it is a good stick with lots of buttons and good control. Plus its dirt cheap. I bought mine when bf2 came out for 39 bucks, and I think you can pick it up at target or best buy for around 19 now Smile
Back to top Go down
Bargain08
Sergeant
Bargain08

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Funneling with the chopper   Funneling with the chopper Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 1:02 am

mastered .... what i call the "circle of death" Smile..... Just from thinking about it....

how i do it with keyboard..... Lots of throttling to help with the adjustments of yaw and pitch

right hand circle , Yaw LEFT(opposite of circlular rotation)adjusting power for effect, pitch right at what ever degree that fits your Radius of the circle, pitch slightly forward...again correct for what ever degree fits the Radius of circle you want

just transfer the ideas over to the stick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funneling with the chopper   Funneling with the chopper Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Funneling with the chopper
Page 1 of 1