=xXx=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=xXx=

=xXx= is dedicated to the enjoyment and excitement of virtual war gaming.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drugs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DogfighterI
Admin

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs   Drugs Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 1:52 pm

Although I'm not a druggie, and for what it's worth, I believe that since any drug, from pot to to crack to powered coke to heroin, is readily available on any street corner in America and in a wide variety, that the "war on drugs" has long since been lost and that the several hundred billion dollars we spent fighting it annually is a complete waste of money and human resources, not to mention the hundreds of billions more we spend on incarcerating those serving time for drug-based crimes.

If our leaders had any sense at all, which they do not, they would legalize all drugs, thus taking the criminal element out of the distribution equation and thereby stopping the militant gangs from using drug money to buy weapons with which to one day bring the country to its knees -- not to mention preventing trillions of dollars from going "under ground" and out of the flow of the US economy.

Drugs would be safe and wherever they are sold so must there be out reach centers and drug counseling programs. This way we get the users out of the back allies and into rehab, hopefully one day, while at the same time employing tens of millions people in a brand new industry while generating billions more in tax revenues for the failing states to use on something more clever than throwing money out the window on a losing cause.

And then there's gambling. I can lose my life savings day trading on the Internet while betting if IBM goes up or down on any given day, but I can't bet $100.00 on the NY Giants in the comfort of my own home without risking federal RICO and other felony charges?

What a joke.

Just my thoughts.

Dog
Back to top Go down
http://www.triplexclan.us
DangerousDoug
Sergeant

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs   Drugs Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 4:08 am

Like I've always said, just because Society says you're involved in a criminal activity, You don't have to act like criminals [And rip each other off and Rob and shoot each other]
Make it all legal, And just tax the shit out of it lol!
Then we can be robbed Legally, by the government as usual scratch
Back to top Go down
DogfighterI
Admin

Drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs   Drugs Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 8:57 am

With all taxes and profits from sales benefiting education or senior citizens -- or stronger border control with Canada, of course!!!!

Smile

Dog
Back to top Go down
jbuffethed
Captain
jbuffethed

Number of posts : 335

Drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs   Drugs Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 10:48 am

DogfighterI wrote:
With all taxes and profits from sales benefiting education or senior citizens -- or stronger border control with Canada, of course!!!!

Smile

Dog

Preferably near Vancouver What a Face
Back to top Go down
$kull_candy
Sergeant

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Drugs Empty
PostSubject: .   Drugs Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 12:24 am

aswell as everything positive you just said if canada legalized marijuana alone it would skyrocket us ou of recession as it is the #1 industry in our country. the benefits from all the taxes could go to healthcare ,schools,keeping you yanks in your own country etc. plus it would boost tourism from all over the world increasing all other industries dramatically
Back to top Go down
Bargain08
Sergeant
Bargain08

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs   Drugs Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:07 am

on the topic of legalizing drugs. I firmly belive in blunt freedom in america, aka we get freedom of speech we can say what ever we want anywhere anytime. but some provocative questions on counter point

do we legalize them for medical puposes only, or can i go to the walmart and get a gram of coke or heroin?(both of which do have legal spawns like lidocaine and vicodin/oxycotin)

if for recreational use do we set up regulations behind being (legally) to high, too doped, to tweaked....to drive, be in public? additionally is there possibly any quick(other than just visual signs) to determine this like during a traffic stop?

how do we decide what could be recreational and what medical?

do we prosecute for possesion of a non-prescribed medication?

and do we re-evaluate all the other schedule 1 drugs (except marijuana) for possible medical use?...schedule 1 means they were meds...but they did more damage than good according to the government. like excstasy, ghb, and pcp. Do we let people trip and possible date rape in the name of freedom, or can we find consensus in which drugs are we better off without legalizing?

is it worth laying off thousands and thousands of officers and government agents and judges, public defenders. and letting numbers of prisons, cars, and equipment. Having to re distribute the workforce from crime enforcement into pharmacuticals and construction/manufacuring jobs? could this also cause a possible wave of poverty and crime from the former job holders/familys of,?

now money, we spend tens of billions of dollars on law enforcment and drug enforcement like the war on drugs per-year (700 bill. over life of the war).....we spent 161 billion filling prescriptions last year alone, it's not the war on drugs draining us it seems to be prescription drug prices more so. would you propose a pricing cap on meds? which then goes against the ability for a free-market...our basis of living anymore.

so i think what you're really wanting is.....

medical usage of cannabis, making it level two

not legalize, but de-criminalize (something like a parking ticket on your record)

if there's one thing that makes me think against drug legalization is, you can get drugs but only if you need them, need pep and focus (adderall), euphoria (anti-depressants), calm and clarity (xanax).

P.S. Every drug mentioned in my retort except GHB...I've tried and enjoy througly Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DangerousDoug
Sergeant

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs   Drugs Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:18 am

Weather drugs are legal or not people are always going to abuse them, It is the nature of the beast.
Some people have enough self-control to use drugs for their intended purpose Some are to relax Sleep Some are to accelerate affraid And some are for nothing more than enjoying the experience Very Happy
It's that lots of people have an addictive Personality . Meaning they tend to addicts to anything they do. So if you are a workaholic it is good ,But if you are a methamphetamine head it is bad . As for making it legally would be hard to do Living in the global village other countries would frown on it Mad
Back to top Go down
$kull_candy
Sergeant

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Drugs Empty
PostSubject: .   Drugs Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:49 pm

well portugal just decriminalized all peronal narcotics (marijuana,cocaine,heroin,ectsasy, etc.) and the focus behind this was to not wreck peoples lives and preventing them from getting jobs or closing other doors. they would focus on detoxing and turning these peoples lives around so they can contribute to society.

i feel if drugs were legalized the laws should be similar to alchohol. except for you cannot drive period while under the influyence of any drug.

I also think you should have to buy drugs from government stores so the drugs are clean safe (as they can be) and not laced

and as for the job losses i think these jobs can be redirected to better prevent other crimes.
Back to top Go down
Bargain08
Sergeant
Bargain08

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs   Drugs Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:33 pm

yes, jobs can be re-distributed and new skills learned. It's whether or not the deficit for fighting the entry of the drugs and the legal ramifications behind their current possesion would be more expensive in the long term vs. the legalization of such and having to train an entire expanding industry's work force and legal man hours to back. I'm sure some acctuarial professional has figured it out already, i just can find the source material for it. But we can all agree drugs can be mighty fine they're just too expensive either way. They cost alot to keep away and they cost alot to do. Could legalization bankrupt america with addiction plagues, or would our moralistic fiber nay twain and it just wouldn't seem a thing?
Back to top Go down
DogfighterI
Admin

Drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs   Drugs Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:58 am

The net result of legalizing drugs would be trillions of dollars in revenue for the gov't and untold millions of new jobs (and tax revenues) in addition to the trillions we'd save by no longer fighting a lost cause while paying to incarcerate millions of drug offenders.

And among the thousands of benefits, not the least of which among them would be our taking the criminal element out of the drug trade while at the same time cutting off the cash flow America's militant gangs (millions of troops) use to buy arms that grow more sophisticated by the day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drugs   Drugs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drugs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
=xXx= :: Community :: Debate and Serious Talk-
Jump to: