=xXx=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=xXx=

=xXx= is dedicated to the enjoyment and excitement of virtual war gaming.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hunting animals for fun ?

Go down 
+8
marine6914
Auto7
jbuffethed
R.Satterwhite
MADMULLET
spenbrom
Bass505
gblancov
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gblancov
Admin
gblancov

Number of posts : 1293
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Hunting animals for fun ? Empty
PostSubject: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 5:44 pm

What is this section for ?
Because nobody post questions here, I want to write this one as example.

Do you agree with hunting animals for fun ?

In my personal opinion, I am against hunting for fun.
I am not talking about people hunting for food, that's understandable, but, I would like to know the opinion of hunters.
What is the meaning of doing it ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 6:20 pm

i do but i dont, some animals need to be hunted because they acn be harmful to the ecosystem and some dont.
Back to top Go down
gblancov
Admin
gblancov

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 6:26 pm

moozer213 wrote:
i do but i dont, some animals need to be hunted because they acn be harmful to the ecosystem and some dont.

Like what animals and how can they be harmful ?
Back to top Go down
Bass505
Sergeant
Bass505

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 6:34 pm

Personaly, I am seriously against ALL hunting for "fun"
All animals are here for their own specific reasons, have their own specific "jobs" if you will, and with out them, those jobs cant be fulfilled. Im not all for hunting for food, but I accept it because I know we all need to eat, I just dont like when it's taken to far.

In my opinion, if you hunt for "fun" or to impress sombody, dont go out with a bigass shotgun or rifle and wait till a deer or buck gets 30 yards away and shoot it, get that close (or closer) and get a PICTURE of it, THATS impressive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mb-photography/

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 7:40 pm

gblancov, there are some animals that breed so fast and eat so much that they can ruin crops and forests, like rabbits. they were not native to australia but there are so many now that they are ruining crops
Back to top Go down
spenbrom
Private
spenbrom

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 7:44 pm

I hunt every year and in public land. I put in a request for a tag that is drawn in a lottery type selection for the certain hunt area. i use all the meat from the kill and the hydes are used to make gloves and moccasins at a local glove maker. I DO NOT believe in the hunt farm or hunting just for trophies. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gblancov
Admin
gblancov

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 8:04 pm

spenbrom wrote:
..... I DO NOT believe in the hunt farm or hunting just for trophies. Just my 2 cents.

This is what I was trying to say, Hunting for trophies.
Back to top Go down
gblancov
Admin
gblancov

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 8:06 pm

Bass505 wrote:
In my opinion, if you hunt for "fun" or to impress somebody, dont go out with a bigass shotgun or rifle and wait till a deer or buck gets 30 yards away and shoot it, get that close (or closer) and get a PICTURE of it, THATS impressive.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 9:24 pm

i see no fun in hunting leaving been ,seen its eyes before it dies is just messed up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 5:25 pm

i agree with spen. hunting should be only for food and clothing. no trophys or whatever
Back to top Go down
MADMULLET
BEER Loves Me
MADMULLET

Number of posts : 585

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 5:54 pm

i agree with the hunt for food idea,i have done this for years,but lets be honest with our selves,you kill a 14 point buck,you take all the meat to the locker to be processed,wtf are you going to do with that beautiful rack?you have the sob mounted.nobody here can tell any different lol.it is on the wall before you get the call from the locker lol.
Back to top Go down
R.Satterwhite
Admin
R.Satterwhite

Number of posts : 325

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 8:00 am

|DEATH|MADMULLET wrote:
i agree with the hunt for food idea,i have done this for years,but lets be honest with our selves,you kill a 14 point buck,you take all the meat to the locker to be processed,wtf are you going to do with that beautiful rack?you have the sob mounted.nobody here can tell any different lol.it is on the wall before you get the call from the locker lol.

Exactly.
If you don't hunt routinely to thin the herds, and the coyotes and wolves don't do it, they'll die of starvation..too much competition for food due to overpopulation. Deer are browsers not grazers like cattle. Around here the county offers $25 for each pair of coyote ears you bring in because 1 Black Angus calf lost to a coyote is $400 gone from your pocket. We've got russian and european hogs that damage alot of acreage..they are so overpopulated you shoot hogs every chance you get. We have a 300 lb russian boar on the wall..shot for fun?, NO, shot to keep that bastard from breeding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 3:03 pm

and to think i was going to buy mullet a beer on my 21st b-day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 9:39 am

still it sucks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 11:42 am

either way mully is getting his beer
Back to top Go down
jbuffethed
Captain
jbuffethed

Number of posts : 335

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 12:03 pm

I hunt these for fun, only because they dig holes all over my yard. They are like miniature prairie dogs that breed like rabbits.

Hunting animals for fun ? CopyofDSC00437Large
Back to top Go down
R.Satterwhite
Admin
R.Satterwhite

Number of posts : 325

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 1:13 pm

Nice Buffet, brings back memories..we used to hunt prairie dogs up in north Texas every year but haven't in about 5 years.

.222, .223 and .308 all handloads with Nozzler balistic tips, up to 600 yards (no shit). Everyone had 24x scopes with the turret adjustments for elevation and windage.

8 of us would set up benches in a semi-circle and take turns spotting, all day..using bowling pins every 100 yards out for markers.

Like you said, they damage the crops so bad the ranchers welcome the exterminators every year.

No one likes seeing animals killed for fun but I see these as rats and you aint never had fun til you snipe rats all day with a 30 cal at long range.
Back to top Go down
Auto7
Private
Auto7

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 1:28 pm

I agree with hunting for food and clothing as well. No point in killing it if you don't use it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/auto8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 5:15 pm

I dont see a problem with hunting animals for sport, its no diffirent then eating a Whopper, and the government gets paid for it too, win win situation. rendeer
Back to top Go down
MADMULLET
BEER Loves Me
MADMULLET

Number of posts : 585

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 4:12 am

TerrabyteKillah wrote:
I dont see a problem with hunting animals for sport, its no diffirent then eating a Whopper, and the government gets paid for it too, win win situation. rendeer

sounds like a repulican lol
just kill it and eat it lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 3:32 pm

elephant
Back to top Go down
marine6914
Private
marine6914

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 4:18 am

Hunting animals for fun ? Duckhunting

lol! That's the way to hunt baby lol!
Back to top Go down
gblancov
Admin
gblancov

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 9:46 am

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Billman748
Private
Billman748

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 9:21 am

TerrabyteKillah wrote:

I agree with Terrabytekillah, as long as you don't do anything sick or against the law.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
ThunderDown21
Sergeant
ThunderDown21

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 4:14 pm

well, i hunt, but, we do eat the meat of the animals we kill, but we dont NEED to hunt to survive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting animals for fun ?   Hunting animals for fun ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting animals for fun ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
=xXx= :: Community :: Debate and Serious Talk-
Jump to: