=xXx=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

=xXx=

=xXx= is dedicated to the enjoyment and excitement of virtual war gaming.

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

I can have a future

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jbuffethed
Captain
jbuffethed

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-12-12

I can have a future Empty
PostSubject: I can have a future   I can have a future Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 7:39 am

And my wife says I have no future playing games. Suspect

19 year-old gamer becomes mayor of Oklahoma town
Teen goes from zoning out to zoning laws

Like any red-blooded American teenager, John Tyler Hammons digs rock music, fast cars, video games and...fiscal planning?

Apparently so. The AP reports that the University of Oklahoma freshman trounced 70 year-old Hershel McBride to become the mayor of Muskogee, Oklahoma, making it the first city in the nation to be governed by a self-admitted gamer.

But while he could own any of his peers at Halo 3, the fresh-faced leader is turning his sights on cleaning up the town's politics by establishing an independent ethics commission and locking down campaign finance reporting.

"I'm sure the (city) council will work with me on these issues," he said. "I campaigned on this, and this is something I intend to push."

Tired of the same old political shenanigans, the townsfolk are backing their new man.

"He doesn't have the baggage. He doesn't owe anybody anything," said cafe owner Gary Armstrong. "It's sort of a fresh start for Muskogee."

Best known as the subject of country legend Merle Haggard's 1969 hit "Okie from Muskogee," the unassuming city of 38,000 is considered the archetype of virtuous, small town America, a "place where even squares can have a ball."

And now, so can gamers
Back to top Go down
MADMULLET
BEER Loves Me
MADMULLET

Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: I can have a future   I can have a future Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:46 am

affraid this can only happen south of the "mason/dixson line" lol!

Sergeant
spidey__killer

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: I can have a future   I can have a future Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 5:19 am

I can see the computer he's gonna order for the Mayor office now, and at the city's expense, lol
Back to top Go down
$kull_candy
Sergeant

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: .   I can have a future Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 8:59 pm

Funniest thing ever. this guy apeared on the gameshow are you smarter then a fifth grader last week. he won like 100 grand or something but he wasnt smarter then a fifth grader
Back to top Go down
jbuffethed
Captain
jbuffethed

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: I can have a future   I can have a future Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 6:47 am

damn Skull, this thread is 5 months old.
Back to top Go down
$kull_candy
Sergeant

PostSubject: .   I can have a future Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 7:36 pm

yeah i know but i occasionly read through the funny section cuz i forget some of the jokes or w/e and besides the gameshow made me hink about this post and i realised it was the same guy. but i think its funnt he apeared on are you smarter then a fifth grader and didnt win
Back to top Go down
ThunderDown21
Sergeant
ThunderDown21

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: I can have a future   I can have a future Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:40 am

$kull_candy wrote:
yeah i know but i occasionly read through the funny section cuz i forget some of the jokes or w/e and besides the gameshow made me hink about this post and i realised it was the same guy. but i think its funnt he apeared on are you smarter then a fifth grader and didnt win

explain 2 me the joke plz
Back to top Go down
$kull_candy
Sergeant

PostSubject: .   I can have a future Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:42 pm

its not a joke its just a witty observation that a young person who happens to be a fan of video games was elected to be in control of a city in oklahoma. and that because of his hobbies hes probly gonna order a very good computer for his office at the taxpayers expense. "and that he also was on the gameshow are you smarter then a fifth grader"
where the contestants are asked a series of questions ranging in difficulty from the grade 1 to grade 5 curriculum and if you answer all the questions you win a million dollars. and if you lose you must tell the whole world you are not smarter then a fifth grader. and this young aspiring mayor of a city who just graduated high school is not smarter then a fifth grader

hope that clears it up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I can have a future   I can have a future Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I can have a future
Page 1 of 1